Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Ten Book Related Problems I Have.
1. Working in a bookshop - I am surrounded by awesome YA novels all day. Most of the time, I am an example of brilliant self-control, but sometimes that self-control slips, and I go spending money I probably shouldn't.
2. No room - I no longer have a TBR pile. I have piles. On my desk, on my floor. I also have piles of books I'm not going to read and have yet to get rid of. Plus piles of books I have already read. I have more books than I have room for. My bedroom is a health and safety hazard.
3. Forgetting the books I have on my Kindle - Because they're not physical books, I forget about them. I can't see them sitting in one of the aforementioned piles that I look through when I have to pick my next read - out of sight, out of mind, sadly.
4. Dehydration - There is the possibility that I've cried more over books than I have over real life things. Actually, maybe not, but I'm sure it comes pretty close.
5. Beautiful quotes - Those moments when you read something so beautiful, and you just have to write it down! But no pen, nothing to write it on, my phone is nowhere to be found, and no way to mark the page or be sure I remember the page number. Noooo.
6. Having a crap library - I haven't been in my library for years, because I got sick of never finding any decent, new books.
7. Having a best friend who doesn't get it - My best friend is amazing. He is also an avid reader. I've sent him a few books that he loves, but most of the time, nope. YA isn't his bag, and although I can talk to him as much as I like about the books I love, the ones I'm reading, how I'm affected by it all despite his lack of interest (as I said, amazing), he still doesn't get YA. Doesn't like it. Thinks it gets things wrong. "That is not what love is like," he has said, or something similar, about how love is presented in most YA he's read. I shake my head in sadness. It breaks my heart a little bit to send him a book I adore, that moves me beyond words, and his response to the book after reading it is, "meh".
8. Disliking books - It's going to happen. Of course it's going to happen. I can't like everything. But I really don't like it when I dislike a book. Especially when it feels like I'm reading bad book after bad book.
9. RSI - This is more related to book blogging than the books themselves, but seeing as I review everything I read, I'm counting it. I have, on accassion, got RSI in my wrist from all the time on my blog. Thankfully, I haven't had it in years!
10. Infidelity - I have a very hard time staying faithful to my fictional boyfriends. I can't resist the new ones when they comes along. I have so many now, I can't even remember them all. They don't know about each other though, so it's not too bad, is it?