First Class Post - because this post is first class!
Check out Sunday mail memes:
Showcase Sunday on Books, Bisuits and Tea
The Sunday Post on Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Stacking the Shelves on Tynga's Reviews.
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- This is Not a Love Story by Keren David (LGBTQ UKYA)
- Action Movie Kid by Daniel Hashimoto & Mandy Richardville (picture book)
- Black Iris by Leah Raeder (LGBTQ NA)
- Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot (children's poetry)
- What Was Never Said by Emma Craigie (UKYA)
- All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher (UKYA Non-Fic)
- The Baby by Lisa Drakeford (2015 UKYA Debut)
- How to Win a Monster Race by Caryl Hart & Ed Eaves (picture book)
- Octopus's Garden by Ringo Star & Ben Cort (picture book)
- I Love Dad by Joanna Walsh & Judi Abbot (picture book)
- Bear Counts by Karma Wilson (picture book)
- Clariel by Garth Nix
- Only We Know by Simon Packham
- Being a Girl by Hayley Long (UKYA Non-Fic)
- Those Girls by Lauren Saft (2015 YA debut - not pictured)
- The Selection by Kiera Cass (not pictured)
- The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt - sent to me by Usborne to say thanks for providing a quote for the finished copies.
- Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff (2015 YA debut - mental illness) (not pictured, given back)
- Summer Love: An LGBTQ Collection, edited by Annie Harper (thanks to Charlie for lending me her proof!)
Really looking forward to reading All I Know Now and Being a Girl; I'm really passionate about helping young girls have positive body image and good self-esteem, so these should be good!
What Was Never Said sounds like a difficult read, and I'm super excited for Dorothy Must Die because it sounds amaaazing!
Inspired by Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts's Weekly Recap, here is a recap of my posts over the last week, and anything else I found interesting.
As Mental Health Awareness Week fell in the last month, I held Mental Health May, where some of the books I read and reviewed covered mental illnesses.
- Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- Sweet by Tammara Webber - read last month.
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Oliver & Patch by Claire Freedman & Kate Hindley
- Roo the Roaring Dinosaur by David Bedford & Mandy Stanley
- I Need a Wee! by Sue Hendra & Paul Linnet
- Monsters Love Underpants by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
- Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff
- Panther by David Owen
- Old Possum's Book For Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot
- One Thing Stolen by Beth Kephart
- This Is Not a Love Story by Keren David
Earlier in the year I was sent a proof of The Last Summer of Us by Maggie Harcourt very early for the opprotunity to provide a quote for the finished copies. My quote was used!
Blog Posts and News:
- As you might have guessed from the photos at the very top of this post, I now have Instagram. I'm jo.stapley - go and follow me! There will be a lot of book related photos, but it will also include other photos I wish to share, so not strictly a blog Instagram.
- I posted a discussion about promoting your blog using social media.
- I posted Characters Abroad! where I recommend books in which characters are visiting/living in other countries.
- Also, on my personal blog, I wrote a post on something that I find difficult to talk about, but I felt it was important: Don't Dismiss Your Pain: On Sexual Assault and Rape. Please read, and, if you feel inclinded, share. I'd love for my post to reach the people who need it.